Followers

Gums and Candies: Good for our Teeth?

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gums and Candies are good for your teeth.
This is definitely sweet tooth can smile about. According to research, sugar alcohol sweetener present in most gums and candies called Xylitol are beneficial to our dental health.The World Health Organization has reted Xylitol as a safe food additive. Xylitol, a natural sugar found in the fiber of most fruits and vegetables, helps avert the development of tooth decay causing bacteria.Saliva is made more alkaline by Xylitol therby preventing bad bacteria from sticking to tooth surface. The bad bacteria is unable to digest xylitol thus preventing plaque and tartar build up.Studies show that 4 to 12 grams of Xylitol per day is effective. This is administered using chewing gum, candy or pastilles after eating and after clearing the mouth by gargling water. source: discover magazine
I am one of those who smile while reading this. Yes, I have a sweet tooth. I prefer eating more sweets. I don't know why but that's the way I feel and I am happy enough when I got to eat sweet foods as if its makes my whole day complete. 

1 comments:

ROJAK September 18, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

toothbrush and toothpaste also good for our teeth

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a woman with simple dreams. I'm easy to be with, friendly, most of the time jolly but sometimes moody, loving and sweet. I love sharing my stories of life and somehow I want other people to learn something from me.

Site Info and Links:

Blog Catalog

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click here to view our Privacy Policy

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP