Followers

Roses, Roses, Roses

Sunday, July 11, 2010

When I was in high school, teenage years, I used to witness every boys courting a girl, giving them flowers and most of the time, red roses. I wonder then why red roses? Does it require that when you are courting and giving flower to a girl, it must be a rose? And why do girls feel "kilig" when they were given one? hahaha, why am I asking? Because I did not experienced it. Poor me.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Lovely roses, isn't it? What color of roses do you want? For me, I'll go of course for the red and pink roses. Anyways, do you wonder why roses are said to be symbol of love. Do you have any idea? Well let me tell you this:

Rose: The perfect love symbol because they represent all things sensual, sacred, pure and romantic. In ancient Greece and Rome the rose was sacred to Aphrodite (Venus) and was her emblem of beauty - it was said to grow from the blood of Adonis. In the Western traditions the Rose is a symbol of passion, desire, voluptuousness, and physical perfection. The Rose is also a common symbol of eternal life and resurrection. The Rose is also connected to the goddess Hecate, Dionysus and the three Graces. from:whatsyoursign

Every color has its symbols, so if ever you received one, take note. And to all the guys out there, if you are giving a rose to girl, just look for the appropriate one and that she could appreciate.

Red - Love, Romance, Beauty, Passion, I love you; Desire, Courage; Respect
Red (Dark or Burgundy) - Unconscious beauty
Red -Withered - I would rather die, Our love is over
White - Purity, Youth, Pure Love, Virginal, Innocence and purity, I am worthy of you, You're heavenly
Pink - Happiness, Appreciation, Thankfulness, Grace, Gentle Love, Please believe me
Dark Pink - Gratitude, Thank You
Yellow - Joy, Gladness, Friendship, Delight, Platonic Love, Jealousy, Freedom
Yellow with Red Tip - Falling in Love
Orange - Fascination, Desire, Passion, Enthusiasm
Red and White - Two colors; Passionate Purity, Unity
Peach - Sincerity, Gratitude, Appreciation, Modesty, Admiration, Sympathy
Lavender - Love at first sight, Enchantment
Black - Death, Farewell
Blue - Impossible, Unattainable, Mystery
Red Rosebud - Symbol of Purity and Loveliness
White Rosebud - Girlhood, Youth
Thornless Rose - "Love at First Sight"
Single Rose - Simplicity
Two Roses - An engagement or coming marriage
Leaves - Symbol of hope
Roses-Sent every month - Beauty ever new

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a woman with simple dreams. I'm easy to be with, friendly, most of the time jolly but sometimes moody, loving and sweet. I love sharing my stories of life and somehow I want other people to learn something from me.

Site Info and Links:

Blog Catalog

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click here to view our Privacy Policy

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP