Followers

I Belonged to the Group?!?

Friday, August 20, 2010

I used to go home every weekend for me to spend my weekdays with my family. Mom always expect me to be home during that days of the week. Having a job far from our home, I feel always excited about it. TGIF and TGIS are my expressions when Fridays and Saturdays come. I have this one experience that I couldn't forget and always leave me smiling when I think of it. Here it goes:
One time, when I was riding in a bus on my way home, the conductor (the one who gives ticket and collects fare from passengers) gave me my fare ticket. I usually read the amount first before I put it on the pocket of my bag even though I know it is the same amount as my previous ride. Habit I think, which is good though. It happens that day that the amount on my ticket is cheaper than the previous week.
First thing that comes my mind is to ask the ticketing man if the amount on my ticket was right but hesitated for a second but decided to ask. That time, I don't know why is it too noisy on the bus that when I asked about my ticket I almost didn't hear the explanation. It takes time before it sank in my mind. He said, "We have a promo Mam, and since our passengers are almost senor citizens, all the passengers of this bus will be having a senor citizens discount." It is when I noticed that the passengers are 90% senor citizens. I thought again that maybe I have the mistake of not reading the sign board. Maybe the bus I was riding are for them. And then, the old lady beside me told me, "You must not have asked, are you not happy that your fare is 20% off?" I smiled at her and didn't answer. I should be happy but I have to ask. "Honesty is the best policy" after all. I laughed at myself. Lucky me for having a 20% discount on my fare and poor me that at my age (25) I belong to senor citizens group that day. I am thankful though.
Well, that's life, always full of surprises, isn't it? The most important thing for me is that I have the time to be thankful for everyday that was given me.

4 comments:

jan August 21, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

indeed we always need to be thankful everyday!

iv's August 21, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

just dropping by from adgitize..adgitize me back please

josie August 22, 2010 at 3:24 AM  

hahaha it's your lucky day.. meron din palang promo sa mga bus.. :D

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a woman with simple dreams. I'm easy to be with, friendly, most of the time jolly but sometimes moody, loving and sweet. I love sharing my stories of life and somehow I want other people to learn something from me.

Site Info and Links:

Blog Catalog

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click here to view our Privacy Policy

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP