Followers

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ooopps...do not close please. Just read, maybe it could help. I've been using google chrome browser today and surprised when I open my site (angelrhona), this warning sign appears:

Do you encountered something like this? I also opened my site in my mozilla firefox browser and it goes well, no warning signs. I am wondering why? Anyway, having this red background, it seems to be a virus to me. I have read the contents of course because it is my site, I don't want my visitors to just close my site and not even take a glance on it. Curiosity hits me and I have click this message on the warning sign (2nd paragraph if you could read in the photo):
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for entrecard.mad1421.com.
And this is what it says:

Well, thats it. And to tell you what I've done...I logged in my blogger account, find my entrecard page element/gadget, clicked edit and checked on a word mad1421.com and erased totally the whole html tag containing it. They call it entrecard chicklets anyways.
For your information, I put the code on my site, I think a few weeks ago because I got interested in showing my popularity rate in entrecard, I am seeing a lot of that on other sites and it happens that I read something about it while I am blog hopping, followed the instructions, got the html code and pasted it in my site. It is running perfectly until this message appear so I think I don't have any choice but to erase it.

7 comments:

Chubskulit Rose August 24, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Yup, I have seen a lot of this as I am using GC too and it really does affect your computer. It is a malware..

Gossip Junkie August 25, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

This one happen to my celeb blog as well, but its my advertiser who have seen it. she just emailed me the screenshot of my blog with a warning window. But when I tried to check my own blog I don't see the warning window. She just advice me to delete some script that is currently running on my site, specifically the entrecard code.

josie August 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM  

good job,that only shows to be very careful in putting any codes in your template..

StaLira August 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

I always get that warning, too, everytime I use google chrome.

A mom's note

Unknown September 7, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

I have been getting the same messaage when I try and get onto my site using Google Chrome, I have emailed EntreCard asking them what they are going to do about it.

Unknown September 7, 2010 at 12:14 AM  

*** UPDATE *** I think I have found out what it is, if you have the chicklets on your site which tells you how popular you are and how much it costs to advertise on your site, then these are hosted by entrecard . mad1421 . com - try removing them and see if the warning message goes

Tara Beaulieu February 1, 2012 at 5:56 PM  

Thanks so much for posting this. I was having the same problem with my blog and it was really frustrating! Thanks to your post I was able to correct the problem. I was at such a loss until I read it!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a woman with simple dreams. I'm easy to be with, friendly, most of the time jolly but sometimes moody, loving and sweet. I love sharing my stories of life and somehow I want other people to learn something from me.

Site Info and Links:

Blog Catalog

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Click here to view our Privacy Policy

  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP